A warm welcome to St. John's Church Shotley at Snods Edge near Shotley Bridge


St. John's Church serves the parish of Shotley in the Diocese of Newcastle and the county of Northumberland.
It is a lively rural parish with a thriving congregation of all ages.
South of the Tyne and north of the river Derwent, the church of St. John, built of local stone, was consecrated as a Chapel-of-Ease in 1837 to replace the older chapel of St. Andrew on Greymare Hill.
We meet for worship at 10.30am every Sunday morning throughout the year and meet afterwards in our Church Hall for coffee and tea.
St John's Church Hall is located some 100 yards from the Church and hosts numerous groups and regular events that serve the local community. For more information on the Church Hall please visit the website.
There is a Facebook page for both the Church and Hall where the latest news and events will appear.
On Facebook search for 'St Johns Church and Hall'.






Our Mission Statement

With God’s helpwe aim to be a worshipping, growing,
Christian community, serving God and others
with 
Jesus Christ 
as our example
and in the power of the Holy Spirit.